Although it's getting dark awfully early, we've still had some beautiful fall days this past week.
We're approaching the end of the XC season for Big Sister and Middle Sister. Every year I fall in love with this sport a little more.
Last Saturday was the conference meet. In pouring rain. For hours on end.
This is what Big Sister and her teammates looked like after their race. They were clean compared to the JV Boys who had the last race.
Middle Sister's season ended last Saturday. She took second in the junior high race, with a two mile time of 12:54.
Yesterday Big Sister's team travelled to Pekin (a two and a half hour trip by bus) to compete at Districts. For the second year in a row, both boys and girls teams are going to XC State. So for a little while, anyway, our season continues.
Despite all of that excitement, I still managed to find some great things online to share with you:
1. Women's Flannel Pleated Tunic -I love a good plaid shirt, and I especially like the pleats on this one. It comes in a variety of patterns, and I've got my eye on a few.
2. Velvet Joggers - ahhhhhhh...velvet. These look super comfy to me.
3. Woman's Ilaria Northwest Boyfriend Flannel Shirt - I'm not sure what appeals to me about this shirt. I'm not really a cowboy type of person, but I like that this is just a bit different than the standard plaid we're seeing a lot of.
4. Down Filled Puffer Coat - I have finally broken out some coats this season since the weather is getting a little colder. This comes in a few colors, but I really like this one which screams, "fall!"
5. Koben Canvas Embroidered Kimono - my mom introduced me to Johnny Was, and although it's out of my price range, I still look there from time to time. They have some beautiful things.
6. Breathe Logo Tee - I bought a Gap Breathe T a while back and finally got it out to wear. I love it. It's soft. It fits great. It doesn't cling. I want to buy about a dozen more of them.
7. Velvet Skinny Jeans - I saw these on The Big Mama's Fashion Friday this morning and fell in love. I've been looking for this color of pants and the fact that they are velvet seals the deal.
8. Women's Dr. Scholl's Harlan Shoes - I'm a Dansko girl, but these are catching my eye, and on sale for only $39.99.
9. Veggie Tots - my new food obsession. I doubt they are as healthy as I'd like to believe, but they are super tasty.
10. Her Money with Jean Chatzky Podcast - my list of podcasts I listen to each week continues to grow longer. I have always enjoyed listening to Jean Chatzky on the Today Show, and am so excited to listen to her money advice each week on her podcast.
That's it for me this week. What's caught your eye?