Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Kid Lit Thursday: The Book That Can Read Your Mind

Several years ago I happened upon a read aloud that my students were crazy about.  Press Here by Herve Tullet was a fun and interactive story I shared with all my elementary students and each time the students were rapt with attention.

The Book That can Read Your Mind is just as engaging and fun. 






Although I'm now in the middle school, this book has been a winner with my students at school.  The way this book is able to "read your mind" makes everyone who hears it pause and think - and want to see if I can read their mind again. 

I know there's some type of math involved as each listener picks an audience member and reveals what row the character they have picked is in.  When intermission occurs and the characters move, they reveal the row their character is now in.  And from that information the reader is able to determine which audience member the listener picked.  

Ta-da!  Mind reading has occurred.  

I have been surprised how many middle school kids love this one and already know that elementary students will all want to get a chance to pick the audience member to see if their mind can be read.

This is a must purchase; in fact you might want to get two copies.  I envision that this will be a favorite that kids will fight over.

No comments: