Monday, January 17, 2022

Monday Mini-Reviews

January is really turning into a great reading month.  For just a brief time this past week I struggled a bit with finding something to read.  Not because I don't have anything to choose from, but after reading two 5-star reads in a row, what could I possible choose to follow that up?  


I switched it up a bit and read some middle grade and YA, but I also found some fantastic ARCs to get into. 




Fake by Erica Katz is her sophomore novel. I loved her first book, The Boys Club and this one is a lot of fun as well.  I don't know much about the art world, but this story centers around Emma Caan, an artist who is hired to forge artwork so that the owners can display copies while keeping the originals in a secure location.  Emma has been waiting for her big break professionally and when she meets Leo Sobetsky a collector who provides her with a new job opportunity and an invitation to travel internationally, she can't believe her good fortune.  Each chapter begins with the transcript of Emma's interview with detectives, and slowly Katz reveals what Emma has gotten herself into.  I found this one a little suspenseful as I wanted to keep reading every time I picked it up.


Weather Girl by Rachel Lynn Solomon - reading a rom com after some rather heavy books was a good choice.  I loved The Ex-Talk by Solomon last year, and this one was good as well.  A small town television station serves as the backdrop of this story which I loved.  Ari is a protagonist that is easy to like, and her romance with the sports reporter, Russ, is sweet and romantic.  Yes, this is a little predictable.  Maybe even a lot predictable, but that is what I was looking for and honestly, I needed it after what I had read recently.  If you are someone who only likes closed door romances, you might want to skip over a few pages here and there, but I think it is still a book you will enjoy.


I can't wait to find some more fantastic books to pick up this next week.  What have you been reading that I need to add to my TBR?

1 comment:

Mystica said...

I try to switch genres so that I can keep the reading spirit up!