Friday, June 8, 2018

Friday Five: School's Out For Summer


School officially ended for the students in my district yesterday. Teachers, however, get to work today and Saturday.  I am so ready to be done with the year.  My own girls have been off for a week now and I've been leaving a list of jobs each morning for all of them and managed to not even realize there was no food for them to eat for lunch until about Wednesday.  I'm lucky that I get to be off during the summer when they are.  I think they are getting the picture a little bit this year since without me - and my chauffeuring- they are stuck at home.

In the midst of the end of year frenzy, I did find some things to share with you this week.  Most are actually from The Gap, which I visited in Times Square last week.  I found many, many things I wish I could have squeezed into my suitcase.






1.  Side Tie Crochet Tank Top - in pink and a tan color- this is a beautiful sweater that would go great with a pair of shorts or a pair of white jeans.  I didn't buy it while I was in NYC, but I might have to order it sometime.







2.  Crewneck Pullover Sweatshirt in French Terry - this is just a simple sweatshirt, but I love the blue color (it does come in a few colors) and the vision I have of myself throwing it on while I sit around a campfire.



3.  Short Sleeve Popover Shirt in TENCEL - I have a long sleeve denim popover and this spring I have often wished it were shortsleeved. I have a few things I could wear it with and the long sleeved version is just too hot.







4.  Short Sleeve Flutter Crochet Smock Top - this is pretty and light and would look great with white pants or shorts.







5.  Sleeveless Victorian Lace Blouse in Swiss Dot - swiss dot is sort of becoming my thing.  I like the detailing on this one and the fact that it's sleeveless for these hot summer days.






6.  Metallic Logo Crewneck Shirt - my middle daughter looked at this one with me and it's one of the few items she didn't think was awful.  Basically I just need to overhaul my t-shirts and get rid of the junk I have. I'd love to replace it with this.  








7.  Girlfriend 5" Chino Shorts with Floral Print- I can't find the exact pair of shorts I bought at the store, but I did look at this pair. I liked all of their Girlfriend 5" chinos this year. And again, my summer wardrobe needs some cleaning out and restocking.






8. Summer Ryder Stripe Madewell Cardigan - this is not from The Gap, but kept popping up on my instagram page. I like this cardigan a lot and think it would go great with a pair of white jeans.




Summer Ryder Stripe Cardigan,
                        Main,
                        color, Heather Blush




9.  Lightweight Pleated-Back Top - this is super cute in person and since I own a lot of navy I might need to add this to my wardrobe.







10.  Global Amici Milk Glass - totally unrelated to any clothing.... these glasses are something I've been eyeing. They are on sale right now for $36 for a set of six and since my cups are mostly a hodge-podge of vacation purchased mugs, I might break down and buy these.






That's it for me this week.  How about you? What's caught your eye?

1 comment:

Ti said...

Same here. My kid has been patching meals together this week. Mostly cereal. I finally bought some stuff for her to eat last night.

I love the crochet top. So pretty but would not be for me in my current state.