Christmas is getting closer and I would love to report that I'm finished shopping. However, that's not the case. I have no ideas for my husband or my in-laws. Help! So, I'm still spending quite a bit of time online looking for that perfect gift. Here are some other things that have caught my eye this past week:
1. Bethlehemian Rhapsody - This is just pure fun. I wish I could have a group of kids perform this.
2. Drunk Booksellers Podcast with Ann Kingman and Michael Kindness - I was super excited to see that Episode 11 featured my favorite reading hosts Ann and Michael from the recently defunct podcast Books on the Nightstand. It was great to hear from them again and find out what they're reading. I've added a few books to my Amazon cart already just from this episode. I'd love them to be quarterly guests on the show.
3. Growing Pains theme song - So long, Alan Thicke. I'm feeling a wave of nostalgia for my childhood and Growing Pains. Incidentally, Thicke was married for a time to Gloria Loring who played Liz Chandler Curtis on Days of Our Lives (my favorite soap as a teen).
4. Cold Shoulder Sweater Dress - a few weeks ago Big Sister noticed she had no dress clothes in her closet. She has to wear black and white for high school band concerts, and this dress was 50% off on Abercrombie. It looks fantastic on her. It's not super tight which I find is a plus, and when you're fifteen and don't have ripples of fat to cover up (like I do), this dress is fantastic She wore it the other night to her band concert in -20 degree weather with no coat. I, meanwhile, was covered from head to toe in my warmest gear.
5. Odette the Ostrich - Sundance has a line of super cute stuffed animals right now. I'm partial to the ostrich, but there are several other choices, and if I had a younger child at home I might be inclined to add this to their Christmas gifts.
6. Hand Thrown Pottery Mugs - the Read Aloud Revival, a podcast I am enjoying has these beautiful mugs.
7. Dressed Up T - I've also been eyeing this shirt from Sundance. There are two other colors, but I like the blue the best.
8. 3/4 Sleeve Raglan T - these T's are the newest thing on the Read Aloud Revival site. I would love to have one of these.
9. Reclaimed Wood Iowa State Sign - my mom is getting this sign for Christmas. This etsy shop appears to have a sign for every state and the price is right.
10. Felted Nativity on Etsy - and last weekend I saw a beautiful felted nativity at a local store. I found this one on Etsy that would also make me happy.
And, that's all, folks. What have you found this past week that's caught your eye?