Monday, October 26, 2015

Picture Book Purchases

I have had a few picture books arrive at my house from Amazon in the past few weeks, pre-ordered during the summer as I anxiously anticipated their release.

Getting these packages from Amazon has been a nice surprise when I return home from work, and I have enjoyed reading them to Little Sister at bedtime, and also to my students at school.

A few of these treasures include:

Tree of Wonder: The Many Marvelous Lives of a Rainforest Tree by Kate Messner



Kate Messner is one of my favorite authors- I love her chapter books and her non-fiction books are amazing as well.  Tree of Wonder sort of snuck by me, but once I found out about it, I instantly ordered it.  This book is a wonderful look at rainforests and Messner does a fantastic job of adding information at the end of the book.  


Who Done It by Olivier Tallec




I haven't had time to read this one to my kids at school, but it is a cute little picture book that I am anxious to share with them.

When Sophie's Feelings Are Really, Really Hurt





When Sophie Gets Angry Really, Really Angry was published years ago and even won a Caldecott award.  Bang is back with another book about Sophie. This time Sophie's feelings are hurt.  I love that the illustrations are the same bright, bold colors and I feel like reading this book was like reconnecting with an old friend.

Llama Llama Gram and Grandpa by Anna Dewdney




After several Llama Llama books by Dewdney, I'm still not tired of them.  This is a sweet, rhyming story about Llama visiting his grandparents, and a great addition to this growing collection 

Diva and Flea by Mo Willems and Tony DiTerlizzi



Little Sister and I are busy reading this one before bed. Diva and Flea is a cute beginning chapter book with illustrations by Tony DiTerlizzi that help bring the story to life.  I can't wait for the copy I ordered for my school library to get here.

There are so many fantastic books coming out right now. I've already accumulated another large stack for my next picture book post.  

No comments: