Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sunday Salon

Today was absolutely beautiful outside.  Even though it was sunny and fairly warm, I made a batch of beef stew for us to eat this week. I guess I'm anticipating it getting colder.



I have parent teacher conferences two nights this week, my oldest daughter has a vocal festival, there is still confirmation class, soccer practice, and there is a football playoff game this week as well.  The only good thing is that I don't have school on Friday.  And I am hoping to get a lot done during our long conference hours.


This past week I finally got my "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree" finished- thanks to my volunteer, Janice.  Doesn't this corner of my library look nice?



Today I worked at school for a while after church, and managed to get the new Adriana Trigiani book finished while I watched my girls swim this afternoon at the W. 

I noticed that I now have a new pile of dirty clothes to wash since Little Sister cleaned her room which is not at all how I want to start the week.  With a Friday off while my kids have school I am envisioning throwing out a few things without their knowledge.  The big pile of clothes just makes that idea more inviting.  

I still have lots to do before bed- and a 4 AM wake up call for exercise class to look forward to.  Enjoy your Sunday night!


3 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Tina, things - clothes and tots used to mysteriously disappear when my kids were young as well. How I do it to my husband sometimes as well LOL (The tree looks very cool).

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Cute tree corner. Sometimes I envy you elementary folks for the cute things you get to do!

Ti said...

How was the Trigiani book? I have it but once again, you beat me to it.

The Teen was in a drama festival this weekend and his group slayed it with first place!! I was in tears after seeing the performance. Nearly all in his group are seniors so his theatre teacher was losing it. It was just so fun.