Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sunday Salon: Vacation Edition


We left for vacation on Friday this past week.  So far, we have spent quality time in the car.  Friday was a ten-ish hour drive to Cave City, Kentucky.

Yesterday we took a tour of Mammoth Cave, which was well worth the stay in a small, rundown tourist town, and then headed off for Gatlinburg, Tennessee.  


By coincidence we met up with some good friends who are on their way home from vacation, planning a stay at the same hotel and dinner with them last night.  It was especially nice that all our girls could hang out and give us a chance to catch up.  



We had a great meal and finished it off with ice cream at Ben and Jerry's.  My girls have never been to a Ben and Jerry's, but they have experienced it from a grocery store.  And although I'm mostly a creature of habit, but ordered Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz to try. Love it!


And today.....



We toured The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina.   The Biltmore Estate is pretty amazing and Asheville is a city that my husband and I enjoyed much more than the big tourist traps.  



The weather is steamy and the sun is shining here in the South. Tomorrow we head off to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

With all this time in the car I have been able to do a fair amount of reading.  The bad part is that while I am loving the reading time, I am not loving the food choices on vacation.  I have eaten a lot of good tasting food that is totally  not good for me.  I am just reminding myself that this is vacation and once I am back home, I need to get back on my plan. The Whole 30 actually sounds inviting!

Be prepared to hear more about our trip down South.  Enjoy your week!


1 comment:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

What a great picture and sounds like such a fun time for all.