Saturday, May 30, 2015

Looking Ahead




School just ended yesterday, but I'm already looking ahead to next year.  Here are some of the books I already have lined up for my first order in the fall.  If you're in need of a good children's book, these are nine that shouldn't be missed.



1.  Sunny Side Up by Jennifer Holm - author of the Baby Mouse series. This is a semi-autobiographical graphic novel.

2.  I Really Like Slop by Mo Willems - Another book to add to the Elephant and Piggie series.  I can't keep these one the shelve and have had to repurchase several of them because they are loved to death, so this one is a definite must have.

3.  The Day the Crayons Came Home by Drew Daywalt - is a follow-up to The Day the Crayons Quit which has been a huge hit.  Can't wait to see this new book!

4.  Diva and Flea by Mo Willems - I am amazed at how many books Willems puts out. Granted, most are not heavy on text, but man!  This guy is busy!

5.  Click, Clack, Ho, Ho, Ho by Doreen Cronin- Mostly I really like Cronin's books in this series (with the exception of Click Clack Boo!).  I'm excited about this one.

6.  Saving Mr. Terupt by Ron Buyea - the third book in this series - I loved the first one and think it would make an excellent read aloud.

7.  Friendshape by Amy Krouse Rosenthal - one of my new favorite authors. Love, love, love Rosenthal!

8.  Prince Fly Guy by Tedd Arnold- Thank goodness there is going to be another Fly Guy book because I think my students have read and re-read them so many times they are mostly memorized.  

9.  Waiting by Kevin Henkes- Henkes is another favorite of mine (there's no limit to how many favorites you can have, right?) Although I love the mouse books the most, I enjoy everything Henkes creates.

These are just a few of the great new books geared toward elementary students coming out this fall.  I LOVE my job and reading the new books is a major perk!

No comments: