Saturday, May 2, 2015

Blast From the Past

I am always amazed at how quickly ten years passes.  Nothing makes this more evident than when I look through my old reading logs and feel that it was just yesterday that I read a certain book.






Highlights from May 2005 include:

Dead Run by PJ Tracey - this mother/daughter author duo is one of my favorites.  I wish they would publish another mystery in their series

The Baker's Apprentice by Judith Ryan Hendricks - the second in a series, I only remember enjoying it a great deal.

Midnight Assassin: A Murder in America's Heartland by Patricia L. Bryan - set in Iowa, this was a bit of news to me when I read it and an interesting chapter to my home state's history.

One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury - A fast Christian fiction read in a new series focusing on 9/11.  I might have read the second in this series, but haven't really thought of them since.


The Promise  by Oral Lee Brown- the inspirational story of one woman who made a difference in the lives of the students she taught.  


A Good Yarn by Debbie Macomber- I love the Blossom Street novels, but sadly, have fallen behind in this series. Back in 2005 I was keeping up with Macomber's series easily.  

How about you? What were you reading ten years ago? Last year?  Are any of the books I highlighted ones you've read?

3 comments:

Kay said...

I like your new little grouping of the covers of the books. And I wish P.J. Tracy would write more too. Or faster. I haven't read all the Blossom Street books either. I seem to have fallen behind on Macomber titles.

Ti said...

My reading tastes have matured quite a bit in ten years.

Ti said...

My reading tastes have matured quite a bit in ten years.