Saturday, January 3, 2015

Blast From the Past

January 2005 was full of great books.  Can't believe that these are books I've been reading a decade ago!




The Know-It All by A. J. Jacobs
The Know It All by A J Jacobs is a book I have thought about many times since I read it.  Jacobs followed up this memoir with a few other memoirs in later years but this one is set up in alphabetical order and Jacobs writes about a wide variety of topics.  Loved it!




The Same Sweet Girls by Cassandra King
King's novel is good women's fiction - and incidentally she is married to Pat Conroy.  This was a fun, fast read.




Baker Towers by Jennifer Haigh
Jennifer Haigh's Baker Towers might have been the first book I read by Haigh.  It definitely was not my last.


102 Minutes by Jim Dwyer and Kevin Flynn
This non-fiction book accounts for the 102 minutes after the Twin Towers were first hit by airplanes until they fell.  Very interesting, very sad.  I think I could re-read this one.





Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross
This is a bit Red Tentish, and I've seen it as a book club choice many times.  Chronicles the Life of Pope Joan.

No comments: