Saturday, October 11, 2014

Blast from the Past


October 2004 is highlighted with just a few books that remind me of this time in my life - a one year old and a three year old, a time when I started running more on the treadmill and reading while I ran.


Sammy's Hill by Kristin Gore - I just remarked to a friend that we hadn't seen anything from Gore in a while....loved this book set in DC.


Darby by Jonathon Scott Fuqua  historical fiction set in the 20s - a time of racial inequality



Horseplay by Judy Reene Singer - I think I was attracted to this cover initially, and this is still the case a decade later.  Judy quits her teaching position and leaves her husband without a plan in mind - she finds herself working on a horse farm and living with three women as she starts over.


The Heavenly Daze series reminds me a little of the Mitford novels or the Thomas Kinkade Cape Light series with a bit of magical realism thrown in as angels help different island residents.



Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bohjalian -this is one of Bohjalian's novels that forever is stuck in my mind as teen-age Charlotte accidentally shoots her father one night.


No comments: