Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sweet Potato Hash

My husband and I are the only two people in our house who like sweet potatoes, so for supper last Sunday I fed my girls some monkey bread, cheese, and apple slices.  For the two of us I tried out a recipe for sweet potato hash.  



My husband was a little suspicous of this recipe, but ended up eating some for his supper.  There are only 3 ingredients in this recipe (well, four if you count the salt) so for simplicity it is already a winner to me.

Sweet Potato Hash

2 red onions, diced
2 sweet potatoes, diced
3 eggs
salt

Peel and dice sweet potatoes.  Place them on a cookie sheet and cook in oven at 425 degrees for 30-45 minutes.  

While sweet potatoes are cooking, saute red onions in frying pan.  This will take 30 minutes, but is important to let the onions carmelize.  

Add sweet potatoes to onions and stir.  Break three eggs in small wells you have created in sweet potato/onion mixture.Add salt.  

Place frying pan in oven at 450 for 20 minutes.

I ended up cutting and mixing the eggs in to the mixture before I served it.  

This was a little different than what I expected, but a great way to serve sweet potatoes.


1 comment:

Ti said...

I love sweet potatoes and love eggs over easy but I can't see the two of them together on my plate :)

What I tried the other day, that over the top good was grits made with a little brown sugar and topped with a poached egg and crumbled bacon on top. Oh my... delish!