Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Salon


It has been rainy and cool today -a definite taste of fall-like weather.  Yesterday we enjoyed Middle Sister's first soccer game of the season.  The weather was perfect and the game was really fun to watch.  Little Sister has already had her first game, which was also fun to watch.

My in-laws helped me out yesterday by hosting a garage sale at their house with lots of clothes from my girls and other odds and ends.  She is quite organized and washes, prices, everything and sets up the whole thing. We eliminated a few more things we were trying to get rid of, but still could get rid of more. 

The Iowa/Iowa State football game was the big topic around here yesterday as I saw several posts on facebook about it. Our friends had us and three other couples over to watch it.  I admit, I enjoyed the good food more than I cared about the game, but it was fun to get together.

And here it is Sunday already.  I made banana bread and taco soup for us to eat today, two fall-like foods.  My husband leaves for Seattle this week for a work trip and I am quite jealous. I visited Seattle long ago before we were married, and loved it.  This will make soccer practices, games, and all the other running around a little trickier this week.  

I've just started The Gravity of Birds by Tracy Guzeman, and would love to curl up with it a while longer after I have my lesson plans written.

How about you? What are you up to this weekend?


1 comment:

Ti said...

I made chicken tortilla soup even though it was close to 100 degrees. I have some for lunch today too. It seems like it's fall in spirit but I'd take a small cool down if Mother Nature is feeling generous.

We have homecoming stuff this week, cross country meets, and a parent teacher conference for me. Fun!