Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Salon

Oh, where has this day gone?

Well, for starters- church and Sunday School took up most of the morning.  I ran ten miles on the treadmill this afternoon and joined Big Sister at her Girl Scout activity so that Middle Sister and Little Sister could swim for a while.  We ended up trying out racquetball which they loved.  A short stop for fruit and veggies, and here we are back at home at 6:30 PM.

Tomorrow I am starting a Next Level XTreme Fitness class.  This could be a major challenge for me since not only is it a time commitment  (6-7 PM each night) but it is also a lifestyle change.  I attended the orientation yesterday and had them take my measurements. I didn't have them take a "before" photo like on the Biggest Loser.  Maybe I could do that in the privacy of my own home, but no one else really needs to see my fat.  Ugh.  Anyway....the eating guidelines, at least the basic ones - are that you can eat it if it has (had) a face or a root.  We have to keep a food journal and turn it in each week so the instructors can look at it and comment on it.  I'm excited about this but also a little nervous.  I'll have to report back after this first week - if I'm still alive.  The good news was that my husband's co-worker's wife (Heather) is also taking the class at the same time, so I am happy to know someone that will be going through this with me.

I'm getting prepared for a busy week - between my fitness class each day, we also have soccer for two girls twice this week and Middle Sister has her first game on Saturday.  My husband is training for a twelve hour adventure race with some friends and has started running to prepare. His bike is in the shop getting fixed right now, but soon biking will be a part of his training.

On the reading front....it seems I am reading some great books, but not very quickly.  I finished off The List last night.  When I woke up at 2:30 AM to a child who had to tell me about her nightmare, I decided to finish off the last 50 pages. I evens started and ARC of A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams.  I'm loving the 1930's setting and hope to find some reading time after the girls go to bed.

The week ahead looks busy and cold and rainy.  How about you? What do you have planned this week?

No comments: