Monday, March 4, 2013

I Can Read! Pete The Cat


Pete the Cat wasn't even on my radar until last spring when a first grade teacher in my building introduced him to me.  Now kids check out all the Pete the Cat books as soon as they are returned.
Luckily there are now Pete the Cat I Can Read books being published, allowing the early readers a chance at reading about this feline themselves.  And, lucky for me, I have an early reader in my house.  Little Sister read Pete the Cat Play Ball last night before bed.  I loved that it was a book that she could successfully read. And I loved that even with the shorter sentence structure and easier words, Pete still sounds like Pete. Just as in the first Pete book, when he was not upset when his shoes changed from color to color, Pete is also not upset when he strikes out or drops a ball. He has tried his best.

Pete the Cat: Pete's Big Lunch is the second I Can Read book about Pete that we now have at our house and tonight Little Sister will be happily reading to us again. And soon my students will have these books available for check-out in our library.

Thanks to Harper Collins for providing these books for review. The opinions, however, are my own.

No comments: