Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Salon

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning is what I have been busy with the past two days.  This seems to be a recurring theme to my weekends.  Either I need to clean more during the week (when?), or be content with the mess so I don't spend all of my time cleaning on the weekends. The good news is that we got a lot done this weekend.  We are still de-cluttering and I finally feel that even though other people might not notice, I can tell that things are in their place and there isn't just an overwhelming amount of stuff. 
My mom is one of six children. Three of her four brothers and her sister were back this past weekend. My mom and dad bought the farm where my mom and her siblings grew up. My sister and brother and their families also came back along with a great aunt and great uncle.  In addition to enjoying seeing everyone, there was a lot of good food.
My girls and I watched Mary Poppins for the first time ever.  I was suprised by how much they loved it and my oldest daughter even is talking about showing it at her birthday sleepover.
It definitely feels like fall now and I noticed today as I was driving into town how beautiful the trees were becoming.  I do love this weather, and whipped up the first batch of chili for supper tonight.
We're off to see my uncle one last time before he leaves for Colorado tomorrow morning and then I want to sit down and relax for the last hour or two before I have to begin thinking about another week of work.

No comments: