Friday, November 18, 2011

Net Galley Love



As if I don't already have enough on my TBR pile, I have added one more way I can get books. Net Galley has become my new addiction. I still have lots to read and catch up on, but I love looking at new things and seeing what will soon be published.

This week I read Olivia Bean, Trivia Queen by Donna Gephart. I already own a few of Gephart's titles, but haven't read them (for shame, I know). I loved Olivia Bean! I know that part of my interest stems from the fact that I, too, enjoy trivia. Olivia is a girl after my own heart.

Olivia is dreaming of becoming a contestant on Jeopardy during their Children's Week. Not only would she get to fulfill her lifelong goal, she also would be able to visit her father in California. Olivia isn't very excited about her mother's boyfriend, Neil. She is still missing her best friend. Her frenemy Tucker is causing her to stop and re-think their relationship, and Olivia's mom is going through some tough times, too.

This is a great realistic fiction novel for tween readers. It's already in my Baker and Taylor cart to order for my school library. Now I am in search of Gephart's other books so I can catch up on this author's work.

1 comment:

Wild About Words said...

Dear Tina,

Thank you for the lovely review of Olivia Bean, Trivia Queen.

Let me know if you'd like me to Skype with your students sometime.

Best regards,
Donna
www.donnagephart.com