Friday, October 1, 2010

Book Blog Hop


The Friday Book Blog Hop is hosted by Jen at Crazy for Books.

This week's question:

"How do you spread the word about your blog?(e.g. Social Networking sites, Book Blog Directories, comments on other blogs...)"

I am very interested to see other responses to this question - I have already read a few - that have given me some ideas of how to spread the word of my blog a bit more than I already have.

When I first started blogging I signed my blog up to be in the Kidlitosphere directory. Mostly I have relied on commenting on other blogs to get the word out about mine. While I don't have a ton of followers, my numbers have continued to grow. Already I have a few more ideas for ways in which to promote my blog in the future.

This weekend doesn't look to be particularly busy for me, so I am hoping to hop around tonight and tomorrow and check out other great blogs and the answers to this question.

Happy Hopping!

5 comments:

Belinda said...

Happy HOP! I mainly do the weekly memes and it's been an amazing help in visiting other blogs. I love being able to interact with everyone and generally visit everyone on the link list. (unless my internet is being mean and then sometimes I miss people) I'm having a lot of fun and get to learn alot of great blogging tips. Hope you enjoy your weekend !

Come HOP by my blog and visit

Stephanie (Books Are A Girl's Best Friend) said...

Hey, hopping by to say hi! I use Book blogs ning for discussion and Twiiter and of course the Hop. Book blogs ning is also great for discussion.

If you get a chance, I'd love it if you checked my 150+ followers giveaway on my blog: www.bestfriends-books.blogspot.com

I'm a new follower, enjoy your weekend!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I feel so discouraged about how the whole Blogger Hop type thing works. I want to gain readership but it appears that few people really want to read my reviews and article, just the blogger hop. Guess I'm just feeling tired and should just go to bed. I have to ask myself why I blog...it's mainly for me. I do agree with you that making comments helps.

Heather said...

I hear you, this is a hop question I am making sure I read every hop for!! I want to know this too!!!

I really love your blog because it is kid lit...and I'm totally behind on current kid lit authors... I mean, I enjoy Skippy John Jones, anything by David Wiesner and Jan Brett... but beyond that I feel a little lost! I mean, there are always the classics.... (especially Stephen Kellogg!!!!) but... I'm so out of the loop on what's good that is currently being released!!!

Check out my Book Blogger Hop, Follow Friday and Giveaway HERE!

Elizabeth said...

Russia winter sounds good....Stopping back for a visit......just hopping by.

Stop by my blog if you like to see how I get the word out:

http://silversolara.blogspot.com