Monday, November 2, 2009

Opuestos - The Picnic Basket


I love getting books for review from The Picnic Basket! Last week I received Opuestos: Mexican Folk Art Opposites in English and Spanish by Cynthia Weill, the second in a planned series of four. The first book ABCedarios is one whose title I remember hearing, but have not seen yet.

Opuestos is a great concept book for the young, or for our English Language Learners who benefit from seeing the Spanish and English text to understand a concept. I enjoyed the artwork Weill uses to depict her concepts. Using the wood carvings from the Mexican state of Oaxaca gives students some exposure to Mexican artwork as well.

I enjoyed this book a great deal! I am looking forward to sharing it with my ELL teachers because I am sure they will have many uses for it.

No comments: