Monday, October 26, 2009

Such High Hopes

This morning I used my Flipcam that we received as a Christmas gift from my parents last year to shoot a short video of some of the new book shelves that we have put up in the girls' rooms. They look great! It is amazing how much less cluttered things are. I should have also taken some 'before' shots so people could really see the difference. However, even though I have the video and have viewed it myself on the flipcam, I just cannot get it to download or even open up on my laptop. I will have to do some investigating to try and get this to work. In this case a picture really is worth a hundred words.
My husband also put together one bookshelf for our living room, so tonight might be a night of reorganizing. The shelves themselves weren't that hard to put together and really weren't that time consuming; it is the organization afterwards that takes a long time. We started working yesterday at 3:30 and were still going at 9 PM. We even had my mother-in-law helping, too.
I still have three more boxes waiting in the garage - shelving for the toy room. And while this has taken up some of the clutter, I still have boxes of books in the exercise room. So, another IKEA trip may be in the future (much to my husband's chagrin, I am sure).
For now I am ecstatic with the shelving I just got!

No comments: