Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekly Geeks


1. What are you passionate about besides reading and blogging?
I have enjoyed reading other bloggers posts on the things they are most passionate about, and for whatever reason have felt compelled to respond, too. The one thing I spent many hours reading and learning about ever since I was nine years old is the British Royal Family. I watched Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer's wedding, but didn't really start my royal family obsession until Princess Diana gave birth to Prince William on June 21, 1982. From that day on I have read everything about them, and collected books, newspaper and magazine articles, dolls, postcards, and any other trinket I could find. The many things I have accumulated over the years now sit in boxes and from time to time I get them out to share with my daughters. My husband has told me not to tell anyone about my rather strange collection (he does this jokingly) and has informed me that there really is no need to display everything I have, either. While I don't spend as much time on my royal family collection as I once did, I do still enjoy reading and learning about them.

1 comment:

Christine said...

While I totally get your royal family thing, I got up early to watch Charles and Diana's wedding when I was a little girl, I've got an odd interest besides reading and blogging. Buttons. I always had a low key button collection, but now my daughter has started collecting them too and my interest has grown exponentially. We've even had a button buying field trip in NYC's garment district!