My love of the royal family started back in 1982 and still continues. I thoroughly enjoyed Swan Song by Princess Diana's brother, Charles.
Charles' recollects and shares stories and memories of growing up with his sister, a public person who is instantly recognizable. I've read everything I could get my hands on about Diana for decades now, so the memories that Charles Spencer shared were a pleasure to hear.
Charles gained some notoriety for the eulogy he gave at Diana's funeral, and the text of that is contained at the end of this book. His recollections of Diana's death and the preparations for her memorial do not paint King Charles in a positive light, yet he stated several times how much he cared for his nephews William and Harry. Although his feelings about Charles are justified, dragging the King's name through the mud seems unlikely to be helpful to his nephews, and run counter to his claims of trying to protect them.
That aside, this is well written and an enjoyable read for anyone who wants a glimpse at Diana's early life by the younger brother who knew her best.

1 comment:
Good to know. I was wondering. I am not a huge fan of the royals but her, I was.
Post a Comment