Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Monday Mini-Reviews: It's Been A While

 Time seems to go so quickly on weekends and my best intentions of getting some blogs written ahead of time seem to go by the wayside rather quickly.


This weekend I woke up on Saturday with a cold and ended up resting much of the day.  I picked up Jodi Picoult's newest book, Hollow Bones, and spent the day curled up on the couch, or resting in bed, while reading.





Picoult always finds a hot-button topic and presents multiple perspectives through her characters and this is no exception.

Molly's mother died in in September 11 attacks and although she had a happy childhood, she has always grieve the loss of her mom.  Now as she is about to become a mother herself, she longs to have known what her own mom was like.

There were a few twists to this story I didn't see coming (Picoult's secret superpower), and I am waiting for a few of my friends to read this one so I can talk with them about the few things I found problematic (that contain spoilers).

My book club is discussing this one in a few weeks as well, so I am curious how other readers found it.


No comments: