Sunday, December 4, 2022

Monday Mini-Reviews: Five Star Read: Mad Honey

 I have read nearly all of Picoult's books, although there are a few that I still have on my TBR list.

Mad Honey is Picoult's newest book, written with a co-author, Jennifer Finney Boylan. 




I wasn't sure if I'd like a co-author situation, but I couldn't tell that there was more than one author and everything flowed together seamlessly.  

Picoult is the master of always having a twist at the end of her books and writing about a topic that is controversial.  I read the author's note shortly after starting this novel, something I should have waited on until the novel's end.  Once I had read them, I spent more time trying to figure out how the topic they wrote about was going to fit in with the plot that was unfolding. The "big reveal" midway through the book was not surprising to me since the authors' notes disclose the topic, but it certainly brought a timely topic to the forefront for readers to discuss and think about.

I am anxious to talk to others who have read this book.  I also know that the controversy surrounding this topic may make it difficult discuss and bring up some differing opinions. 

Over the past week, this is the book I've been telling everyone they need to read.  There still is nearly a month left before I begin to compile my "best of" lists for 2022, but I am looking for this title to make an appearance there.

No comments: