Monday, July 11, 2022

Blast From the Past: July 2012


Summer 2022 has already been filled with really great books, but as I look back a decade ago, I enjoyed some really great books then as well.





My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - this YA romance is still one I think about a lot.  I know Middle Sister read it (a few years later when she was a pre-teen) and passed it off to some friends, and I was so glad when no parent questioned me about the appropriateness... I would say this is more geared to age 14 and up as the characters talk about sleeping together.  But I appreciated the way they were able to talk about tough things with each other and wish I had had this as a book to read when I was a teenager.


The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe - this memoir was a little bad sad to read as Schwalbe and his mom embark on reading several books together as she nears the end of her life.  I liked that this was a tribute to the relationship between a son and his mother and also shows the importance of books and reading and the bond that can be formed by them.


Dinner: A Love Story by Jenny Rosenstrach- this is one of the few books read on my kindle.  I loved the story in this one even more than the recipes.  Rosenstrach takes cooking to a whole new level and I appreciated the effort she and her husband put toward the meal time every single day.  I should probably dig this book back out so I can feel inspired again.


What were you reading back in 2012? What about last year at this time?

No comments: