Monday, May 9, 2022

Non-Fiction Tuesday: I Guess I Haven't Learned Yet

 Have you ever picked up a book and as soon as you started reading it, knew right away that you were going to love it?

Last year I read (and loved) Good Apple by Elizabeth Passarella and this memoir reminds me a lot of that.  Passarella and her family moved from Memphis to New York City and she weaves her faith journey into the story she tells of her life.  This book reads much the same way.  




Niequist moves from the midwest to New York City.  She and her husband and sons had connections to the home they left....generations of her family had lived there.  Her family had started a church there.  The roots ran deep, and yet there was some part of her that recognized that what she had always done was no longer working.

Now Niequest and her family call New York City home. They've found new friends, new schools, new places to eat, and a new way of living.  

In her forties, Niequist is someone I feel like I can relate to.  I understand what she means when she says that things that always worked for her no longer work.  I appreciate that she is able to find a new way of doing things, which encourages me to also embrace change.  

I have loved every page of this memoir and can't believe that this is the first book I've read of hers.  I can't wait to pick up more by Niequist in the future and will be thinking on this book for a long time.


1 comment:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

So glad to see how much you enjoyed this story.