Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Monday Mini-Reviews: Quality vs. Quantity

I started out this week reading a lot - or at least it felt that way. But, my husband was gone for work, there were two cross country meets, and somehow it took a little longer than I initially hoped to read a second book. 

Both books I read this week were great. I'm happy to recommend them to anyone looking for a good book to curl up with. 





Embassy Wife by Katie Crouch - I've read a few of Crouch's books before, and liked them. But I realllllly liked Embassy Wife. This book is smart and fun and has a fantastic setting   - Namibia.  I love the idea of the expat life and working in an embassy.  This is women's fiction and follows three different women as they trail their husbands jobs in this exotic locale.  There are secrets, of course, as well as storylines overlapping and connecting that I thoroughly enjoyed.  


Isn't It Bromantic? By Lyssa Kay Adams - this is a fun - and fast- read.  I basically devoured this book in just a day, and appreciated this fourth installment featured the Russian, Vlad, who was a supporting character in the other three books in the series.  It always surprises me how much I love a good romance, and I really found myself turning pages quickly as I hoped or Vlad and Elena to find their happily ever after.

I might not be reading the quantity of books I once was, but I still feel like what I'm picking up is all really high quality.  There are just so many great books out there.  I've picked up a stack of books from the public library today and have stacks of books sitting around at home that are just begging to be read.  Sometimes picking the next book is the hardest part.

Have a great week, everyone!


No comments: