Friday, July 20, 2018

Friday Five

This Friday Five is a little bit late today. We had some unexpected excitement on Tuesday night and I've been playing nursemaid ever since.

Little Sister fell of my mom's porch while she and her cousin were playing a game.  The porch isn't high up and the game wasn't dangerous, it was a freak accident and one of the boards from the porch gashed her thigh.  




We ended the evening with a trip to the emergency room and seventeen stitches.  She is sore - although each day is better than the one before- and I have spent part of my time helping her do things like wash her hair in the sink, make sure we are staying on top of the pain, and trying to get her to eat, since her stomach has been upset.  




You can thank me later for not sharing the truly gory and disgusting pictures.  Initially she thought she could see her bone.  Actually, she could only see the sheath of her muscle (thus the white appearance) and she managed to avoid every major vessel and artery.  It still bled, but not as much as you might expect.

Anyway, I've had some time to browse online this week. The bad part about this time of year is that there are so many great sales. I want to pick up some summer things for cheap, but I also want to buy the new fall things that will be coming out in just a few weeks.  Obviously, I can't buy it all.







1.  Softspun Cinched Pullover Sweater - I've added this to my Gap cart. It also comes in a lighter gray. I feel like I can get miles out of this shirt this coming school year since it would go with virtually any color bottom I wear.






2.  Hotchpotch Sneakers - these sneakers are part of Boden's new fall line. I love pretty much everything about them except the price.







3.  Born Madeleine Ballet Flats - I need a new pair of everyday work shoes.  These were reduced to $68 last week, which I thought was good, but today when I checked, they are down to $44. I can't beat that!







4.  Hakuna Masquata Capri - this new capri is featured in the latest Title Nine catalog. I don't really need more running tights, but I love so many of the different designs I see out there.








5.  Women's Camo Print Short Sleeve Cold Shoulder Burnout Wash T-Shirt - and a camo shirt? I am not a big fan of the shoulder cut out, but for some reason it doesn't bother me on this top.





6.  New Balance 574 - a few years ago I bought a pair of New Balance similar to this style, but in a burgundy. My dog promptly chewed the back off of one of them. I have mourned the loss of those shoes ever since then.



7.  Organic Linen Angle Ribbed Sweater - I love stripes, and I love the detail on the sides of this sweater which comes in a few colors.







8.  Dot's Homstyle Pretzels - we were introduced to these pretzels on vacation. I'm not a huge pretzel fan, but the seasoning on them makes them amazing. And addicting.  





9.  Bug Zapper - this is another thing we learned about on vacation. Seriously, our mosquito population is out of control, so if I could kill a few of them (they all love to bite me!), I'm all for it.  Right now we only purchased one of these, and the girls have fought over it every time one of them gets it out. I'm also thinking this would be a great Christmas gift.





10.  Prince Louis Baptism Official Photos - and I know I'm late to the party on this one, since we were on vacation when Louis was baptized, but I can't ever get enough of seeing royal family pictures.  






That's it for me this week. What's caught your eye?

3 comments:

Ti said...

I saw your Insta post about your daughter's accident but that is quite a laceration!! I had something similar when I climbed a billboard, slipped off but got caught on a nail going down. The weight of my 7 year old body pulled it right through my arm. I hope he heals quickly. Looks like they did a nice job with the stitching.

Kay said...

Oh, Tina!! So sorry about 'little sister'! Glad she's on the mend and hoping she'll soon be good as new. Those accidents are certainly more excitement than you wish for, right? Give her a hug for me and you guys take care!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

OMG, I'm glad your daughter is doing okay; that must have been scary. I like the NB sneakers a lot!