Monday, July 17, 2017

TLC Book Tour: The Almost Sisters

Joshilyn Jackson's latest book has been given high praise by many readers.  I agree wholeheartedly. I've read nearly all of Jackson's books and this is one of the best.  



Almost Sisters is set in the South and I felt like I was a part of tiny Birchville, Alabama, and the goings on there.

Leia is a comic book illustrator/graphic novelist, single, thirty-eight, and newly pregnant as the result of a one night stand at a recent comic con where she met up with a handsome Batman.  Her grandmother is aging and possibly needing her help so Leia heads off to Birchville to help Birchie, her grandmother.

She arrives in Birchville to find that her grandmother is suffering from dementia and shouldn't be living on her own any longer.  Wattie, her grandmother's lifelong friend and companion resists this idea as she can see their independence ending.

While Leia is back in Birchville trying to help these two women and come to terms with her pregnancy, a secret that Birchie had been hiding in the attic is uncovered, changing the way most people viewed past events.

Jackson's novel is a five star read for me.  I loved how she revealed some secrets slowly. I loved Birdie and Wattie's relationship.  I loved that the title's significance had different meaning for me as I continued to read and things were revealed.  I loved Leia's relationship with the father of her baby and how high my hopes were for them to find happiness together.

Although I have enjoyed all of Joshilyn Jackson's books, this is at the top of the list.  

Thanks to TLC Book Tours for providing a copy of this book for me review.  All opinions expressed are, as always, my own.

For more information visit the HarperCollins website.

2 comments:

Ti said...

Good to know. I won a copy of one of her books on Facebook and she is always so great about responding to comments there. I love to support authors like that. I have yet to read the book that I won though. I will soon.

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

I'm so excited to read this book! These characters seem like the kind that will stay with me for a very long time.

Thanks for being a part of the tour!