Monday, November 2, 2020

Non Fiction November: Week 1

 This is the first week of Nonfiction November, something I believe I've been participating in for the past three years. I love taking part in this and reading the posts that other bloggers write.  My TBR grows so much with all the amazing non-fiction that is shared.


This first week is being hosted by Leann of Shelf Aware.  Click on over there to find some other Nonfiction November posts to read.



Here are my thoughts on the prompts for this week:

What was your favorite nonfiction read of the year? 

Only one?  I've got several that I really enjoyed.  Two favorites are The Sound of Gravel by Ruth Wariner and A Knock at Midnight by Brittany K. Barnett.







Do you have a particular topic you’ve been attracted to more this year?


I love social justice themed books which there are definitely plenty of.  A Knock at Midnight is my recommendation for anyone who read and enjoyed Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson.  

I also love a good memoir.  The Sound of Gravel is the memoir I'll recommend to anyone who enjoyed The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.  



 What nonfiction book have you recommended the most?

I've recommended Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family by Robert Kolker. I loved the way this book was written: informational chapters alternated with a memoir about a family had six of their twelve children diagnosed with schizophrenia.  Totally fascinating.






 What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November?

I love reading other bloggers' posts, getting ideas of great books I want to read and adding them to my TBR.  I love reading, but I love adding books to my TBR almost as much.

No comments: