Friday, October 23, 2020

Friday Five Finally

I've got some more good finds to share with you this week.  The weather is cold right now- but obviously it will be getting colder.  

Yesterday was the district cross country meet.....freezing cold, rainy, and a brisk wind.  It was dreadful -and I was wearing a lot of clothes to attempt to keep warm.  Poor Middle Sister who was wearing just her tank top and shorts while running (and shoes, of course).  She told us when she had finished that she hadn't been able to feel her legs the entire race.  She and her teammates did well and are returning to the state tournament this upcoming weekend.  



We are grateful that XC has happened this year and haven't taken a single meet or practice for granted.

I did find some fantastic things again this week. Enjoy!






1.  Button sweater in extra soft yarn - I love the color of this sweater as well as the three buttons on the side for a little different look.






2.  Ruffle Front Classic Fit Boy Shirt - several years ago I had a pinstripe shirt like this that I enjoyed wearing.  I'm not sure what happened to that shirt, but this would be an updated version.




3.  Corduroy Tomgirl Overall - I used to love wearing overalls.  I'm not sure it's something I could pull off anymore, but they are certainly comfortable.  I wish my girls would decide they liked them.






4.  Lunar Wedge Bootie - I love the wool look of these as well as the style of shoe.






5.  Leopard Print Open Cardigan - you can never have too much animal print.










7.  Women's Sorel Kinetic Caribou Shoes - I love these boots. I've seen them in person and think they would be perfect to wear this winter.









8.  Women's Fleece Zip Front Jacket - I bought a fleece jacket like this nearly a decade ago (for $7) and wore it nearly every day.  I got more than my money's worth from it, so I wasn't any too surprised when the zipper finally broke this year. I thought about having it repaired, but honestly, that would have cost more than what I paid for it when it was new.  Luckily Old Navy has an updated version this year available in several colors so I ordered myself a replacement.








9.  Booktrovert Mask - I feel the need for this mask.  I will probably have to explain it to my students which will be interesting.





10. Harry and Meghan Official Photograph - I like this new photograph, but am wondering why they need official photographs now that they've stepped down from their royal duties.



That's it for me this week. What's caught your eye?

1 comment:

Ti said...

That sweater. Love that button detail.

I don't know how your middle girl runs in that weather! Today, it is very cold with horrible winds and we are all freezing. What little I had up for Halloween has blown away.