Thursday, January 23, 2020

Let's Talk About A Picture Book

I've seen this book at the library, at bookstores, featured on different blogs and I have resisted it until just the other day.  I'm not sure why this book didn't appeal to me, but after reading a rave review, I finally decided to pick it up. 

I'm so glad I did.




Margaret Wise Brown is known to me as the author of Goodnight Moon, a children's book I read and re-read to my daughters when they were younger.  I knew little about her except that she died tragically at the young age of 42.  

This picture book is a biography of sorts, sharing some interesting details about Brown.  Tidbits about her childhood, her adult life, her journey to becoming an author are all shared.  

Mac Barnett and Sarah Jacoby have managed to reveal aspects of Margaret Wise Brown's life that young readers will find interesting, especially since most of them will remember reading some of her books when they were younger.

If you are looking for a fantastic new picture book, this one is worth picking up.

No comments: