Monday, November 4, 2019

Blast From the Past: November 2009

Looking back at books I've read in the past is always fun for me.  Here are my highlights from 2009. There are some great books!





The Shepherd's Granddaughter by Anne Laurel Carter - I still think about this book from time to time.  The cover is one that piqued my curiosity, but I almost passed it up because I had so many other books on my TBR.  I was fascinated by this story of a family who tend animals like the shepherds of old.  Amani loves this way of life and wants to take over as a shepherd for her grandfather, but this old way of life is being threatened by people who want their land.

Prospect Park West by Amy Sohn - I love a good women's fiction novel set in New York City. I don't remember the details, but I loved the setting, the young mothers in this book and the drama that unfolded along the way.

Faith, Hope and Ivy June by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor is a middle grade novel set in coal mine country.  It is the first year for a student exchange program and the students that take part in this are from different backgrounds.  I love this author - she also wrote Shiloh which is set in the same area as this novel.  

Cures For Heartbreak by Margo Rabb - Mia's mother is diagnosed with cancer and dies shortly after that diagnosis. This is a story that is heartbreaking but not without hope.  This is a great middle grade/YA novel  for anyone wanting a good cry.

A Wish For Christmas by Thomas Kinkade - Kinkade's Cape Light series provides a slice of small town life for readers. I've read this entire series and although some people think these books are predictable (they are), I do enjoy them.  This Christmas novel was written ten years ago, and this year there is another installment I am excited to read.

These books are all worth picking up if you are in need of something great to read.
What were you reading last year? Ten years ago?  Have you read any of these novels I've shared?

No comments: