Friday, June 14, 2019

Friday Five: Summer Is Actually Here

Tuesday was my last official day of work, so at this point I've enjoyed summer break for three whole days.  We're leaving tomorrow for our family vacation, so these three days off have been spent getting ready to leave and realizing I have no good clothes to take along with me on vacation.  And by good clothes I mean jean shorts.  It appears that today may entail a quick trip somewhere to look for a clothing item or two for our trip.


I did find some cute things this past week, though:








1.  Printed Button Front Shirt for Women - I actually carried this shirt around in Old Navy the other day but my girls were so offended by the thought of me buying it, I put it back. And I haven't stopped thinking about it since.  I love a good Hawaiian shirt and who cares what my teenage children think?! 


Printed Button-Front Shirt for Women


2.  Women's Lagaci Beautiful Escape Swim Dress Cover-up - I did purchase this swim cover up to take along on our trip.  For a few days we'll be sitting on the beach at Dauphin Island and my current cover up is probably a decade old and looks it.



Black


3.  Women's Z Supply Pocket T - I love the look of this shirt, which comes in a variety of colors. However, I would have to wear something underneath in order for it to work for me.




Clay



4.  Women's Silver Jeans Suki Mid-Rise Bermuda Short - and these are the jean shorts I want. Unfortunately they aren't at the store in my size and there's no time to order them online before we go.  Poor planning on my part.



Indigo




5.  Utility Shirtdress - I've seen this dress in an army green before, but I like the khaki as well. And with the right jewelry or scarf I'd love to wear this.




j.crew factory: utility shirtdress



6.  Printed Tie-Front Button Up Shirt - I'm starting to warm up to the front tie look, and when stripes are involved, I'm even more interested.


j.crew factory: printed tie-front button-up shirt


7.  Genevieve Top - I love the embroidery paired with the stripes. This would go well with a pair of jean shorts or a pair of white jeans.





8.  Drawstring Joggers in Linen -I saw these at the Gap when we were in New York and wished I would have tried them on.  I also wish I could get away with wearing joggers to work. The linen aspect makes them seem a little dressy for just hanging out at home, but because they are joggers, it probably would violate our dress code.  


Drawstring Joggers in Linen



9.  Chevron Midnight Maxi Skirt - I feel like this style of maxi skirt has been around for a while and I still like it. 





10.  When They See Us - is based on a true story. I keep hearing great things about it and just started the first episode earlier this week.  

Image result for when they see us


That's it for me this week.  What's caught your eye?

1 comment:

Ti said...

I had to by shorts for my summer camp trip and they looked like the ones you have here but I got them at Walmart! I bought three pair. All different washes.