Friday, June 7, 2019

Friday Five: The Last Day of School


We've been counting down for quite a while - and today it is finally here! The last day of the school year!  Teachers still have to work next week Monday and Tuesday, but the kids are done today.  And it is about time!  The many, many days we missed during the winter for snow and the polar vortex all seemed fun back then, but just as I warned my children, it was not fun making them up in June when the weather is hot and you would rather be at the pool and sleeping in late.

I still hope to share some BEA highlights from last week, but this week has been all about getting caught up at work.  We did a little shopping in NYC, so some of these items I actually saw in person and liked enough to want to share.

Happy Friday, everyone!









1.  Gap Logo Tie-Dye Raglan Sweatshirt- this shirt is beautiful in person. The colors are a little brighter and it the perfect sweatshirt to throw on for a cool summer evening, a night at the beach, or even after a quick workout.




Gap Logo Tie-Dye Raglan Sweatshirt



2.  Stripe Print Dress - I had never been to Zara before, but was impressed with it.  Their clothing is smart looking and reasonably priced.  I like the bottom of this, although it is calling it a dress, in other Zara ads, the model was only wearing the skirt portion.




3. Skyline Pant -I've looked at these pants at Athleta for a while. Initially I wasn't interested because the one place I don't want to draw anyone's eye is my stomach.  (Unfortunately I don't have a six pack, and am always self-conscious about this part of my body), but the more I've seen them, the more they are growing on me.  I like this color in particular, and feel like I could wear them to a lot of different places.



Skyline Pant


4.  Front Print Shirt - Zara also had several cute graphic t-shirts. There was no shortage of fun designs, most with women featured on them.





5.  Perfect Popover Shirtdress in Chambray - and I've been thinking about getting a denim dress. I love denim and this would be a wardrobe staple I could wear pretty  much anywhere.


Perfect Popover Shirtdress in Chambray


6.  Silk Bandana -I'm still seeing bandanas everywhere and have yet to buy one.  I think it's only a matter of time.


Silk Bandana in bone multi image 1


7.  Slant Striped Shirt - I love chevron print and although this isn't perhaps exactly chevron, love the diagonal stripes on this shirt which looks great with white pants or shorts.



0




8.  Librarian T-Shirt - this librarian tshirt comes in a variety of colors (I'm eyeing the aqua one) and I firmly believe that I can't ever have too many book/library themed t-shirts.







9.  Starter Women's Lightweight Packable Puffer Jacket - Amazon has a cute puffer jacket that's under $60 right now. I love olive but this one comes in a few other colors if olive isn't your thing.







10.  Ziploc Flexible Tote -I had never seen these until recently, but I'm excited to get these out and pack away some things. I've also thought about bringing them on vacation and using one to pack our food in that we bring to snack on in the car.  



That's it for me this week.  What's caught your eye?

No comments: