Monday, December 17, 2018

TLC Book Tour: Atlas of World War II

National Geographic is a publisher that has always had a fantastic reputation in my mind. As a child I only knew of the National Geographic magazine, but as an adult I've also come to know them as a book publisher.  





Atlas of World War II is a beautiful oversized coffee table sort of book.  It is a fantastic resource that anyone who is interested in history will enjoy looking through it over and over again.

Organized chronologically, this book is full of maps used to plan various attacks of the war.  Notes taken on these maps provide an interesting view to the war and how this resource was used by generals as they planned troop movements and looked at various borders and targets.  

Photographs of battle and a variety of artifacts that are eye-catching and interesting also provide a unique perspective to World War II.  

This is a great resource that will intrigue readers and help history come to life.  I've looked through it several times already and continue to find new photographs and interesting tidbits of knowledge each time I turn a page.  

History lovers, map lovers, and anyone who enjoys browsing a beautifully crafted coffee table book will want to pick this one up.




Thanks to TLC Book Tours for providing a copy of this book for my review.  All opinions expressed are, as always, my own.


1 comment:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I loved the NatGeo magazines when I was a kid, and like you I'm discovering how much I love their books as an adult!

Thanks for being on the tour.