Friday, December 7, 2018

Friday Five on Sunday: The One In Which I Seem To Focus on Footwear

Friday I spent the day curled up on the couch sleeping. I knew by Thursday night I didn't feel good, but had tickets to take my youngest daughter to the Maddie Poppe concert (she won American Idol and is from a nearby town), so I made it through the concert and then went to bed.  I still didn't feel great in the morning and although I rarely stay home sick, the only thing I could imagine doing all day was sleeping. My stomach hurt and I wasn't much interested in eating, and for that's a pretty rare event. 

So now here it is Sunday night. The weekend has flown by and I still have a Friday Five post that was mostly done by Friday morning, but never got posted.  

Since I went to some work to get it done, I'm still sharing it.  I like these things now just as much as I did on Friday.







1.  Explorer Joan Boots -every year I think I should get a new pair of boots to replace my old and not so lovely snow boots.  However, snow boots are expensive and I also spend a lot of time trying to find a way not to wear snow boots and counting down until spring. This is one pair I would consider purchasing.






2.  Bowdoin Jacket - not quite buffalo plaid, but plaid nonetheless.  I love this jacket.







3.  Nightfall Cargos  - I love velvet and these cargos look so soft and cozy. They're a little out of my price range right now, but I'm keeping my eye on them.







4.  Red Plaid Felt Women's Classics - I have one pair of buffalo plaid shoes, but I like Toms and these shoes also come in Black Watch plaid for those people who aren't fans of the buffalo plaid.




5.  Gap/Tretorn Rawlins Retro Lace-up Sneaker -Gap had a pair of these a while ago in different colors, and now is offering some new color combinations.  I'm just waiting to take advantage of the frequent 50% off sales Gap seems to run.





6.  Mou Eskimo Boots - and we're back to boots.....




7.  ASOS DESIGN relaxed long sleeve top in stripe -I have some nice striped shirts already but this one looks so crisp and clean. I'm always needing to update some wardrobe basics.








8.  Cas Slip On Sneaker - I bought a pair of Ugg slips ons from the clearance room at Von Maur this fall. They truly look like a summer shoe, so I'm excited to see that there are a few other options out there.



9.  Women's Quest 1/4-Zip Pullover - Eddie Bauer has these fleece shirts marked down to just $25. There are a variety of colors to choose from, and since it's winter in Iowa, this will be getting a lot of use.








10.  Dumplin' on Netflix - I love the book, Dumplin', by Julie Murphy and I am excited to watch the movie that Netflix made 



Sorry for the delayed Friday Five.....what's caught your eye this week?

1 comment:

Ti said...

I looked for your post on Friday so I knew something was up. I need to get snow boots for winter camp. I am a high school ministry counselor and this year I get to go but I really don't want to buy snow boots since I see snow like once every ten years.