Friday, October 19, 2018

Friday Five: It's All About Cross Country At Our House




It was an exciting day for my daughters yesterday.  They ran with their team at the district cross country meet and took second place, which sends them to the state tournament next weekend.  My middle daughter finished ninth out of 120 runners and qualified individually as well.  It was a perfect day for running and we're all excited to cheer the team on next weekend.  And, to make it an even better day, the boys team also qualified for state yesterday, too.






Despite the fact that we have been focused on running at our house, I did find some things online.  The weather is definitely colder, and I've even been looking at coats.  At this point, I'm all about being warm and cozy.






1.  Flannel Bell Sleeve Top - I like this plaid, and I like the bell sleeves. For whatever reason, I feel like this top looks dressy and would be perfect with a pair of black pants for a holiday party, or even just for work.





2.  Pintuck Top - I have a light blue shirt similar to this that I've worn a ton. I love it, and think that adding a pink one to my wardrobe would be great.







3.  High Rise Printed Compression Leggings - Old Navy has some super cute leggings right now. I always feel like I could add another pair to my stash of workout clothes, even though I don't necessarily need another one.  Maybe it makes me actually look forward to exercising?!







4.  Relaxed French Terry Cross Front Sweatshirt -I like the criss-cross look of this sweatshirt which comes in several covers.






5.  Sherpa Military Parka -  I love this shirt, which isn't super long, but does look nice and cozy.  







6.  Gap Tretorn® Rawlins Retro Lace-Up Sneakers - I truly do need a pair of tennis shoes, and would love to have these. My only hesitation is that they are not very neutral.  So maybe I should buy these shoes AND a pair of neutral ones.





7.   Gap Tretorn® Marley Velvet Lace-Up Sneakers - and after seeing those tennis shoes, I instantly fell in love with these velvety ones. 






8.  Navy Beanie - I've admire the Love Your Melon hats for a while now.  I especially like this dark navy one.





9.  Soft Spun Short Sleeve Cowl-Neck - really simple, but I like the look of this, and the fact that it comes in several neutral color options.






10.  All the Royal News - between Eugenie's wedding and the announcement that Harry and Meghan are expecting a baby, I'm on royal overload and loving it.  I am also enjoying all the pictures of Harry and Meghan's tour Down Under, which reminds me of Charles and Diana's in 1983.  












That's it for me this week.  What's caught your eye?

3 comments:

Ti said...

Let's not forget the movie coming out about the Queen's corgi! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riIPhs80ARk

Kay said...

Congrats to your girlies! Hope the state meet goes great for them!!!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I love that A&F parka in gold! Congrats to your girls.