Monday, September 3, 2018

First Monday in September: Blast From the Past


As I look at the five titles I chose to share from my reading in September of 2008, I amazed by how much I remember each of these titles.  Apparently, ten years ago I had a great month of reading.  





Miss Spitfire: Reaching Helen Keller by Sarah Miller tells the story of Annie Sullivan, Helen Keller's teacher.  I was amazed to learn more about this woman and the struggles she had in her own life.

The Year We Disappeared by Cylin Busby - Busby's police officer father was shot and the family lived in fear even after they were relocated and put in the witness protection program. Fascinating non-fiction.

Stalking Susan by Julie Kramer- this is the first in a mystery series featuring TV reporter Riley Sparks. I am anxiously waiting and hoping there will be another novel in this series (I think there are currently five) because it's been several years already since the last installment.

Dewey The Library Cat by Vicky Myron - Myron was a librarian in Spencer, Iowa, so I loved the Iowa connection (a college friend used this library as a child) and although the story isn't gripping, it's a look at small-town life and how a library is there for a community in good and bad times.

Petite Anglaise: A True Story: In Paris. In Love. In Trouble by Catherine Sanderson-  Sanderson chronicles her life on her blog writing about her job, ex-pat life, motherhood and the ups and downs of her relationship - revealing intimate details about herself that her partner may not be OK with her sharing.  


These five books were fantastic reads, greatly entertaining and worth every second of time spent with them.  


How about you? What were you reading in September of 2008? Last year?

No comments: