Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Summer Reading: From Twinkle, With Love

From Twinkle With Love is Sandhya Menon's sophomore novel, following when Dimple Met Rishi - one of my favorite books of 2017.  Of course that meant I had high expectation for this one.






Overall, this novel was OK.  It didn't live up to my expectations, which were pretty high considering how much I loved Menon's first book.

Twinkle wants to make films. She's talented enough and when she is approached by Sahil, also a film buff, to work with him, she happily agrees.  This will also get her one step closer to Sahil's twin brother, Neil, who she has had a crush on for a long time.

When Twinkle starts getting messages from a secret admirer, she is sure it is Neil.  However, she is really starting to like Sahil, who seems to understand her and appreciate her.  

Of course nothing goes smoothly in this little romance which has plenty of drama: hurt feelings, secrets, and friend problems.

I did enjoy From Twinkle, With Love, and had I not read Menon's first book, I might even have been more impressed with this one.  I'm still anxious to read anything she puts out and love the sweetness of both of her romances.  

No comments: