Friday, August 3, 2018

Friday Five: School Is Right Around the Corner


Big Sister and Middle Sister started cross country camp this week.  I've received some emails from my principal.  The girls have bought their back to school supplies.  And fall clothes seem to be everywhere.  As much as I always feel like summer gets away from me and ends much too quickly, I will admit that I am not very good at getting things done when I have no schedule.  I do much better with a set schedule and being overwhelmed with too much to do.  Don't get me wrong. I've loved my afternoon naps and not getting up to my 4 AM alarm, but it is starting to feel like we need to go back to school.  

Next weekend the girls and I have a shopping trip planned to the Mall of America.  They are all in need of a few things (Middle Sister is in need of a lot of things because she has grown quite a bit), and I am wanting a few things for myself, too.

Here are some things that have caught my eye this week:







1.  On The Write Track T-Shirt - as a book person, I also have a soft spot for typewriters/writing.  






2.  Chambray Pintuck Popover - I may break down and order this. JCrew Factory always has great sales and denim is sort of a teacher staple. I can think of many things to wear this with.







3.  Ciro Flare Sleeve Blouse - Johnny Was  is out of my price range, but I still like looking at their clothing.  And it's camo.






4.   Sofft Madina - over the past few weeks I've gone through my closet, drawers and shoes pretty thoroughly. I could definitely use a new pair of heels. These come in a champagne color and black as well.







5.  Cece Ditsy Charm Ruffle Sleeve Shift Dress - I like the front of this dress, but the keyhole detail on the back sold me on this one.












6.  Stripe Drapey Tie Top - Loft has this on sale right now, and this would work with a pair of navy pants, or black or jeans on the weekend.







7.  Multiples Cherokee Point Mitered Stripe T - I ended up getting this shirt yesterday when we went to Von Maur to pick up a pair of clearance Adidas tennis shoes for Little Sister.  I seriously have very little to wear (at least that I feel good about putting on), and think this would look nice with a pair of white jeans.  I am also thinking that if/when I get a pair of olive pants it could be paired with them.



Multiples Cherokee Point Mitered Stripe Tee





8.  NIC and ZOE Petite Summer Fling Flirt Skirt - and this is the skirt I admired at Von Maur. It's still $118, but I am betting it gets marked down soon since it's white and fall is just around the corner.  I'm keeping my eye on this one.



NIC+ZOE Petite Summer Fling Flirt Skirt




9.  Asics Gel Cumulus 18 Running Shoes - these shoes are just $39 on Sierra Trading Post (a great site for discounted shoes and other active wear). I wear Brooks to run, but have had a lot of luck with Asics to wear as just a leisure pair of shoes for walking the dog.  






10.  Biscoff Cookie Butter - yet another food I can't keep in my house or I will eat the entire jar in one night.  I was telling one of my friends about my Nutella obsession (which has tapered off this past week, thank goodness), and she recommended I NOT buy cookie butter because it was so good and addicting.  Well, with a recommendation like that, I couldn't help but look for it at every store we went to.  Unfortunately I found it.  After two days of generous spoonfuls of it, I've managed to pawn it off on my husband.  





That's it for me this week. What's caught your eye?

2 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Love the stripe, side-tie top and that flutter sleeve dress is cute as well. Have a good week Tina.

Ti said...

I finished the back to school shopping for now. My daughter was choosy with her purchases. She just asked for a few things. I bought a striped top from Old Navy. I have been wanting a pair of booties to be ready for fall but it's 110 today so I think I have probably until November before it feels like fall here.