Friday, June 29, 2018

Friday Five


A little later this morning I'm heading off to the water park with two of my girls and some of their friends.  It's supposed to be beastly hot today (90+ degrees) and extremely humid, but I actually like weather like that and would take heat over cold any day.

Next week is already the 4th of July which seems incredible, and our vacation also starts next week. I've got lots to get ready before then, but here are a few things I've found online to share with you this week:






1.  Birkenstock x Rick Owens Arizona Genuine Calf Hair Slide Sandal - I love Birkenstocks and these made my list this week mostly because they are interesting. I'm not entirely sure what I think about calf hair....and the price tag is a little outrageous- $420.




2.  Single Pleat Blouse - it never fails that when I need something dressy to wear I am left rushing around at the last moment.  I feel like this top and a nice pair of black pants with some good jewelry would fit the bill for  most things I am ever required to dress up for.








3.  Lace Tee - I actually purchased this shirt and like it as well for dressy events.  I had to attend the funeral for my husband's boss' wife who died unexpectedly and of course had nothing to wear.  My husband wore a suit and tie so my "dressy" stuff didn't seem dressy enough.  My pants are next up to get replaced.  I hate how the hem style changes and right now my black pants are rather wide leg and pretty much drag/rest on the ground.  Maybe no one else noticed or was critical of this last week, but I noticed.







4.  Women's Sapna Printed Leggings - another pair of printed leggings.  I love leggings with some style.  Unfortunately my girls (who would look great in printed leggings since they don't have an ounce of fat on them) only want to wear plain black leggings.





5.  Jodie Caftan - I think this would be a fantastic swimsuit cover up.  I love the colors and pattern.







6.  Rachel Chino Pants - and the little pink accents on these pants are totally in my wheelhouse.  I think I would be limited with what I have to go with them, but I love them just the same.






7.  Lola Skirt - Boden has some great skirts with patterns I like. 








8.  J Crew Factory Tie Back T-Shirt - this comes in black, white and soft apricot. I feel like the stripe is especially eye catching and I love the tie back.





9.  Drawstring Cut off Shorts in French Terry - camo......and I could just pull these on to run errands, walk the dog, over my swimming suit. To me they seem perfect and comfortable for the summer.








10.  Tortoise link necklace - JCrew Factory always has good sales and their jewelry is interesting and fun. I like this necklace because I could wear it with a lot of different tops.  I don't do a ton of jewelry, so what I have needs to be something that works with many options.





That's it for me this week.  What's caught your eye?

2 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I love that Single Pleat Blouse (gorgeous color)but can tell by the reviews it wouldn't work for me. Love the Boden brand for my granddaughters as well - cute skirt. Happy Fourth!

Ti said...

By what I've seen lately cropped and wide seems to be the pant style of late. Not a good look for me. Where are you going for vacation?

Also those Birks. No! Seems wrong to have calf hair on Birks.