Friday, June 15, 2018

Friday Five: First Week Of Summer Break

I have enjoyed my first five days off from school, but will admit that it is a little bit of an adjustment every single year.  I don't have to get up at 4 AM to work out.  But if I sleep in, it's hard to get motivated to exercise later.  Usually by the time I figure things out, it's time to head back to school.  

My big (and maybe only) accomplishment this week was cleaning out our refrigerator. All shelves were taken out and wiped down and a variety of old things were thrown away.  It looks great right now.  I've got a million more little projects like that and just need to pick a few each week.

I've also enjoyed extra free reading time and more time to browse online.  Here are a few things I found that caught my eye.








1.  Wild At Heart Shorts - I love embroidered denim and these jean shorts would be a great summer wardrobe staple.







2.  Short Sleeve Fringe Sweater -  I saw this featured on a blog I read and was happy to see that it's 50% off right now at JCrew Factory Outlet






3.  Women's On The Go Shorts - we're going on vacation in a few weeks and hiking is on the list of activities. I need some shorts I can wear while hiking and walking the dog and just around the house during the summer. I am hoping these fit the bill.






4.  Camo Clare Tee - Camo?  And although I love this color, there are also a few other color options.







5.  Relaxed Tie Cuff Linen Blend Top - summer seems like a great time for anything floral print. I like this coral color and the white option as well.






6.  Women's Under Armour Threadborne Siro Graphic Twist Tank - I'm also in need of some tanks for wearing on vacation and while working out and while walking the dog. I have rarely bought tank tops and for whatever reason, really feel like I want to have a few options this year.






7.  Striped Vintage Soft Smocked Racerback Tank - this tank is a little dressier and would work great with my khaki and gray shorts I bought from Gap.





8.  Bermuda Roll Shorts - I feel like these longer shorts would be something I could wear to church or out for a nice dinner - slightly dressier than the shorter shorts I wear for every day.







9.  Kalama Ruffled Top - and this ruffled top is something I could throw on with shorts or white capris.






10.  Cover Up Podcast - I've listened to the first episode and am loving this podcast. I also want to catch the recently released movie on this same subject when it comes out on DVD in July.




So how about you? What's caught your eye this week?

3 comments:

Ti said...

There are a lot of cute floral tops right now but I was looking at a really nice one I saw at Nordstrom Rack and my husband said it would be something a 75 year old woman would wear. First off, he's wrong but I could not give it another look after that comment.

bermudaonion said...

I've got a lot of little projects I need to do too. I love those embroidered shorts but I love just about everything at Sundance.

Vicki said...

I really like #'s 1,2,3,& 5. I also love Sundance's Bon Voyage Culottes & the Island Beauty Top.