Thursday, April 26, 2018

What I'm Watching Now

A year ago if someone would have asked me what I was watching, I am not sure I could have answered that question.  I am famous for watching an episode or two of a show and then never watching any more.  This year I have tried to make more of an effort to actually watch an entire series - to finally look at my list on Netflix and select something I've added to my list of things I want to watch - and actually watch it.

So, here's what I've been spending my time watching:

1.  The West Wing 




This series first aired from 1999-2006, so according to my kids it is an old show.  (I suppose when they see the flip phones and large desktop computer monitors it does look old to them).  I am totally in love with pretty much everything about West Wing. I love the entire cast, I love the idea of a show depicting life in the White House, I love how every show gives me a chill at some point in time as it shows what being an American is all about.  I'm midway through season 4, and although it might take me a few more months to get through this whole series, I'm hooked.



2.  Flint Town



I read a book about the water crisis in Flint, and couldn't help but be sucked in to this documentary on Netflix.  I'm only midway through this, too, but so far it appears to be more about the time after the water crisis, and life in a tough city.  There are eight episodes in the first season which are largely spent depicting life in the police force in Flint.



3. American Idol - Maddie Poppe - I don't watch much television, but a little over a year ago I heard that a local girl was trying to make it big.  Then she came and performed at a concert in our city park last summer.  And I thoroughly enjoyed her singing, and the fact that she is a little bit quirky and unique, and totally fine with that.  A few weeks ago she came again and performed.  She is on American Idol right now and has made it to the Top 10.  I am so hoping she does well.  Go, Maddie!  





And for me, having three things I'm watching is pretty impressive.  What recommendations do you have for me?

No comments: