Monday, December 18, 2017

Countdown to Chistmas: Books as Presents

Giving books for Christmas is something I love to do.  If only money weren't a factor, I could give entire libraries to my niece and nephews and friends.  However, I have to select a few books for each person on my list and be thoughtful with what I choose.

My girls already know to expect a book (or two or three) under the tree each year.  


This year here's what's wrapped and waiting for Christmas Eve:

For Big Sister:




She's my Harry Potter lover, my non-fiction reader.  This past May when she went to Book Expo with me she and my mom stood in line for an hour to get a copy of Endurance by Scott Kelly.  They did get his autograph, but he passed out only a chapter of his book.  Big Sister said that was good, so hopefully she will enjoy the entire book.  And she's finishing up the second season of the Crown right now, so this companion book should fit right in with her Netflix viewing.



For Middle Sister:




Middle Sister is the one child who requested books this year.  She is into anything scary or suspenseful.  Some of these titles she picked herself, but I threw in a couple of books I thought she might want to try as well.




And for Little Sister:




This girl is my realistic fiction reader, although she does enjoy a good fantasy book from time to time.  I'm trying to find books she'll enjoy on her own, although we do still read together each night.

That's the book giving we've got going on in our house.  I could always still get each of them a few more, but I'm done for this year.  I've got everything wrapped, and I'm ready for Christmas Eve. 

1 comment:

kumar cosmetic said...

Thanks for share this fantastic blog and I would like to share some more tips related to Hair Transplant ...
Hair Transplantation Centre in Lucknow