Friday, November 17, 2017

Friday Five: The Pre-Thanksgiving Edition

Can you believe that Thanksgiving is less than a week away?!  I am ready for a few days off and some good food, but this morning I realized that in addition to grocery shopping, I also need to clean. That part I'm not looking forward to.  

There are some cute wintery things on my list this week.  And a few rather random items as well.





1.  Cozy Fringe Scarf - Gap has  bunch of plaid scarves. I like the look of a plaid scarf with a nice sweater. 




2.  Merino Wool Turtleneck Sweater - And there are some great plain sweaters out there that would be perfect paired with a plaid scarf.  






3.  Metallic Midi Skirt - I've got a winter party coming up....every year I struggle with what to wear. I do like this skirt, but winters in Iowa are so cold and having bare legs seems so unappealing when it comes right down to it.  However, I like to dream about fancy winter skirts and dresses....






4.  Moose Pattern Crew Sweater - Abercrombie is turning out to be one of my new go-to retailers. I love the moose sweater.







5.    Twelve Days of Socks - my girls have all been on me to get into the Twelve Days of Socks spirit.  I have reminded them that we have two huge laundry baskets and a hamper in the basement full of socks. Why would we need more?  Somehow they think we do.







6.  Women's Squatch Boots - fur!  I love fur!  I had a pair of furry boots from Eddie Bauer a few years ago, and I love this updated version.






7.  Harry Potter Spatulas - my oldest daughter is still a Harry Potter fanatic. I have no need to get a set of spatulas for her, but I do think it's a great gift idea.






8. London Destination Collector T-Shirt - Someday I hope to get to London. I've been wanting to go since I was ten years old.  For now, I guess I'll have to settle for a t-shirt.






9.  Pigeon Socks - as a middle school librarian, I'm not sure how cool Pigeon socks would be.  Except to me.  I love Mo.





10.  Real People on Amazon Streaming - this is certainly dated, but I love this blast from the past and trip down memory lane.






So how about you? What's caught your eye this week?

1 comment:

Ti said...

I think I've said this before but you do have a good eye for style.

Not much has caught my eye but I've been purposely avoiding everything because it blows my mind that Thanksgiving is just a few days away. My son has to WORK on Thanksgiving. I am not at all happy about that. Why do people need to shop ON Thanksgiving???