Thursday, August 31, 2017

I Just Needed a Fun Book

Going back to school is an adjustment - especially this year where I'm tackling a new job.  My blogging hasn't been as consistent and neither has my reading.

Class Mom was a perfect book for me the past two days.  Jen has been designated a the class mom for her son Max's kindergarten class. She is snarky and funny and the emails she sends to the parents are hilarious.  Of course some of the parents have a problem with her sense of humor, and you never know what might come out of her mouth - or from the newest email she sends out.




As the school year progresses there are the usual ups and downs and interesting events that are coordinated for the kindergarteners and their families.  

Jen is working through some of her own issues as she is facing turning fifty in a few years and isn't appreciating the idea of aging.  When a former high school crush (and father of a kindergarten child in Max's class) pays Jen a little attention, she enjoys the attention, even though she is happily married.

This book is just a lot of fun to read.  The school situations often seem over the top which I can appreciate from my own career in education, and even though this is a fun read, I also felt like Gelman includes a few little nuggets of wisdom in this gem of a book.


No comments: