Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Five: Back to Reality

It's back to reality for me. I head back to work officially on Monday, but will be conducting an all day training for the new teacher librarians in the district today.  It's always hard to believe how quickly summer flies by.  This year I'm trying something new: I'll be a middle school teacher librarian in a different building in our district.  After twelve years in the same elementary school I'm having more first day of school jitters than usual.  However, I'm excited for the change and looking forward to the first day and really getting into things.

I've had a hard time focusing on reading this week, but looking at various things to spend money on has not been a problem.  

Here are a few things I've found:





1.  Adidas Stan Smith Originals - there's something about how crisp and clean these look that really make me want them.  




2.  Women's Scoop Hem Sweatshirt - I NEVER order from Abercrombie because usually everything is super tight and small. However, I do want a camo sweatshirt and this was 40% off and I read the product reviews which claim it isn't small.  I broke down and ordered it, so we shall see how it fits when it arrives.






3.  Women's Peakaboo Cardigan Sweater - This is a new selection from Eddie Bauer's fall catalog.  It comes in two different grays as well and seems like the perfect thing to throw on.  And this weekend is 40% off for Friends and Family.





4.  Women's Eddie Bauer Laurel Chukka - I used to find several pairs of shoes in the Eddie Bauer catalog each season that I wanted. That's changed over time, but I do like these shoes that are in the fall catalog.

5.  Midrise Camo Zip True Skinny Jeans  - camo always calls my name.  I'm not so sure about the "skinny" part of the description. 




6.  Kenneth Cole Sierra Sneakers - I saw a shoe like this featured on something on Facebook, but when I went to find it, it was gone.  Luckily I found a similar pair on Garnet Hill's site.




7.  Twill Field Jacket - I already have a jacket like this but mine doesn't have embroidery. And I love embroidery.  





8.  Zella Fierce Gym Crop Leggings - when we were at Nordstrom a few weekends ago during a short trip to the Mall of America my girls fell in love with the Zella Girl stuff in the youth deparment.  The exercise clothes for adults is also fantastic.





9.  Autumn High Waist Moto Ankle Leggings - I also love the look of these leggings.



10.  Levar Burton Reads podcast - I didn't watch Reading Rainbow as a child, but I have watched it as an adult when I've shown some episodes to students. I keep hearing such good things about this new podcast that I'm going to have to check it out.



So how about you? What's caught your eye this week?

1 comment:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I can't believe you are already back to work. Wow. Where did the summer go?

I have tagged you on the LONGEST BOOK TAG. Here is my LONGEST Books list Check it out and decide if you want to play along. No pressure.