Monday, July 3, 2017

You've Read That? Now Read This! At Home In The World


You’ve Read That?


Many times while I am reading I will find a similarity or connection to a book I have already read. It might be the same topic, but sometimes it's something not as easy to pinpoint.  I'm highlighting three books I think readers will enjoy based on their experience with a certain book.  


This week's pick: At Home in the World: Reflections on Belonging While Wandering the Globe by Tsh Oxenreider




During our vacation I was able to read Tsh Oxenreider's new book At Home in the World: Reflections on Belonging While Wandering the Globe.  Since I am one of Tsh's podcast listeners, I was already aware that Tsh and her family spent nine months traveling the world.  This type of lifestyle has always intrigued me, so I've enjoyed listening to her talk about that time in her past and I was very excited to get to read about the time they traveled as well.  

So if you've read At Home in the World.....


Now Read This!





Wide-Open World: How Volunteering Around the Globe Changed One Family's Lives Forever by John Marshall - Marshall recounts how he traveled with his teenage children and wife to various places around the world, stopping at these places to work.  One of the locations was at a monkey sanctuary in Costa Rica. They also spent time working in an orphanage in India. Each experience taught them a lot about themselves and this trip forever changed them.

Monkey Dancing: A Father, Two Kids And a Journey to the Ends of the Earth by Daniel Glick -After a divorce and the death of his brother, Glick decides to take his two young children on a six month trip around the world. He doesn't shy away from adventure as he travels to Borneo, Nepal and the Great Barrier Reef.  

Global Mom: Eight Countries, Sixteen Addresses, Five Languages, One Family by Melissa Dalton- Bradford - Dalton-Bradford's family of six moves overseas for her husband's job.  Although at first finding adjusting to a new culture a little overwhelming this family appreciates their time learning about different cultures and meeting new people.  And through it all, the family has each other.

Interestingly enough, all three of these books were ones I read while running on the treadmill, which makes me realize how much I enjoy this type of memoir.  

No comments: